The Conservation Committee is concerned with the preservation and restoration of natural areas in the Central Okanagan and beyond. This particularly applies to the loss of wetlands.
Some of the activities in which we participate:
● Planting of native plants at the Chichester wetlands,
● Birding and botany surveys at Knox Mountain,
● Planning for a birding platform at Robert Lake,
● Providing input to the City of Kelowna and the Central Okanagan Regional District regarding park planning,
● Assisting the École KLO Middle School Environmental Club with their work on Fascieux Creek, and
● Stream cleaning along Mission Creek
Looking to the future we provide a bursary, in cooperation with the Central Okanagan Bursary and Scholarship Society, for students planning on a career in an environmental field.
For details about other activities and a meeting schedule, please contact the CONC president, Rick Gee, at 250 763 0124, or rdgee at shaw dot ca.